The Industrial Areas Foundation Canada is a registered charity that was created to teach community organizing skills and develop leaders who can create effective local community organizing organizations. Currently, four organizations are its affiliates. The Calgary Alliance for the Common Good (CACG), Greater Edmonton Alliance (GEA), Greater Victoria Acting Together (GVAT) and Metro Vancouver Alliance (MVA).
The charitable purposes of the Industrial Areas Foundation Canada are:
- To educate and inform the public and other registered charities by providing courses, conferences, workshops and seminars on community involvement, leadership training and volunteerism;
- To educate the public about community development through workshops and seminars; and,
- To conduct research relating to social and economic issues and to disseminate the results of such research.
The Industrial Areas Foundation Canada is a member of the Industrial Areas Foundation and is a part of the North West Region of the Industrial Areas Foundation.
Board of Directors:
- Peggy Wilmot (GVAT)
- Audrey Anne Guay (MVA)
- Ken Bracke (GEA)
- Deborah Cameron Fawkes (MVA)
- Carla Janzen (GEA)
- Maria Robinson (MVA)
- The Rev. Erin Klassen (CACG)
- Mike Glover (GVAT)
Do you think your city needs a broad-based organization that champions the common good, strengthens citizen leadership and promotes citizen-led action and relationships across the lines that often divide communities? Contact us.